112. Academy Walk-Trot-Canter Pleasure Adult
113. Academy Walk-Trot-Canter Equitation Adult
114. Academy Walk-Trot-Pleasure Adult
115. Academy Walk-Trot Equitation Adult
116. Academy Walk-Trot-Canter Pleasure 17 & under
117. Academy Walk-Trot-Canter Equitation 17 & under
118. Academy Walk-Trot Pleasure 14-17
119. Academy Walk-Trot Equitation 14-17
120. Academy Walk-Trot Pleasure 13 & under
121. Academy Walk-Trot Equitation 13 & under
122. Academy Lead Line Walk-Trot Pleasure
123. Academy Lead Line Walk-Trot Equitation
124. Academy Lead Line Walk Only Pleasure
125. Academy Lead Line Walk Only Equitation
126. UPHA Exceptional Challenge Cup Assisted
*non NEHC rated, ** non NHH&TA rated
Click here for a print friendly copy of the 2018 class list.
Helmets approved for horseback riding (no bicycle helmets) are mandatory for all Academy exhibitors and all riders must wear appropriate boots.
Saddle Seat attire: KY Jods, boots, shirt and tie. Vest and gloves are optional. Sweaters, sweatshirts, and turtlenecks that do not carry a farm name/logo are permissible in cold weather. No riding coats or derbies.
Hunt Seat attire: Hunter style Jods and boots. Shirt and tie/choker. No riding coats. Sweaters, sweatshirts, and turtlenecks that do not carry a farm name/logo are permissible in cold weather.
Western Seat attire: Western jeans, long sleeve shirt. Ties and chaps are optional. No western hats.
Mount must be a horse that is regularly used in a lesson program. Braiding is optional. There are not shoeing restrictions. Protective boots are permissible. Horses may cross enter from the regular horse show to academy classes provided these horses are in fact school horses. Definition of a school horse: A horse who is used to teach a number of different riders in any given week, and, whose temperament and manners are suitable for a novice rider. The quality of the animal has no bearing on his eligibility.
Snaffle bridles and full bridles may be used. No neckties on horses.
Riders may not cross enter between divisions (a rider may show in either walk-trot or walk-trot-canter, but not both). A lead line rider may not show off the lead at the same show.
Headers for lead line riders must be at least 18 years of age. Once a rider has shown off the lead, he/she may not return to lead line classes. Once a rider has shown at the canter, he/she may not return to walk-trot classes. In classes that require a posting trot, riders 6 & under shall not be judged on diagonals. "Open" refers to age, and classes may be split.
Once a rider has completed at any level wearing a full suit, they are ineligible to compete in academy classes at any point thereafter. The rider can, however, compete in "Academy Show Rider" classes in the season(s) following the season in which the rider showed wearing a full suit.